Michella- 5am athlete
1. When did you start CrossFit? I started CrossFit a month ago, right before Halloween. I had watched a news report on the creator of CF and thought to myself, never tried that before. I mentioned it to my friend that we should try it. Two months later she booked us for our first class.
2. What is your favorite class time? My favorite class is the 5am group, we are the pre-dawn nuts.
3. What has been your greatest accomplishment since starting CF? Getting confident with the floor. I bend down and pick things up more easily and getting down on the floor and back up is much easier after doing 'survival mode' burpees.
4. What is your favorite cheat meal? Ouch...I have to get right first so I can have a cheat meal, currently they are all cheat meals.
5. What do you do outside of CF? I started over 8 years ago training and completing half marathons. This past year I trained and completed my first marathon. So I like challenging myself. I work as an elementary school librarian, which some days are awesome and some days are just weird. I like Japanese anime and manga. And I'm always willing to try something new.
6. Family? Never married with two dog roommates.
7. What motivates you to come to class every week? That my CF partner will be waiting there, and I better have a good guilt free reason for not showing.
8. What is your favorite lift? I like Deadlifts.
9. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Wow good question. All I can think of was I really didn't want to be bored when I grew up.
Tag Team of 3
20 min AMRAP:
5 KBS 53/35
5 Air squats
Lifting class this Saturday at 7am. Can make up a challenge WOD during this time too.