Don't use the Superbowl as an excuse to cheat! Whether you are going to a party or throwing one yourself, you can enjoy all the festivities without sacrificing all the hard work that you have put in the past 3 weeks!
1. Drink plenty of water and eat a paleo dinner BEFORE the party. Temptation is worse when you are dehydrated or hungry!
2. Load up on veggies and strictly meat items.
4. Bring something Paleo. You will definitely have SOMETHING you can eat if you bring it!
Try some of these recipes:
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:
1 1/2 pounds asparagus (24-32 stalks), ends trimmed (make sure the asparagus is the thin and spindly, not thick)
4 slices Bacon
course sea salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Trim ends off the asparagus, wash and pat dry. Brush olive oil on asparagus lightly and season with course sea salt and pepper. Wrap 6 – 8 stalks of asparagus with one slice of bacon and place bundle on a broiler or sheet pan, repeat with remaining asparagus and bacon. Bake for 12-14 minutes, turning bundles once halfway through. Bacon should be crisp and asparagus tender.
can secure the bacon with a toothpick
Super Simple Paleo ChiliIngredients 2 lb. ground beef
1 chopped onion
1 can black olives chopped
4 cups zucchini, chopped (you could really add more veggies if you want, we sometimes add a chopped up sweet potato)
2 cups salsa or 1 can stewed tomatoes
Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper
1. Chop onions, zucchini and olives.
2. Brown ground beef in skillet.
3. Saute onions and zucchini in skillet.
4. Mix ground beef, olives, zucchini and onion together in a large stock pot.
5. Pour salsa into chili and stir well.
Spicy Cauliflower Bites
1/2 cup hot sauce (have heard Frank's is good)
Bacon Deviled Eggs
50 Paleo Superbowl Recipes! (be aware that some recipes claim to be Paleo even if they have some non Paleo ingredients. Make sure you stay compliant!)
Chicken Avacado Salad
2c shredded chicken from rotisserie
2 avocados diced
1/4 c sliced green oinions
1/2 c chopped cilantro
2 T mayo
1 T lime juice
toss diced avocados with 1 T lime juice. In large bowl, add chicken, green onions and mayo. Mix until chicken is well coated. Add avoado and mix gently to combine. Add cilantro and gengly mix! Serve immediately or chill!
Any other suggestions?
Have a great time watching the Superbowl! What are your predictions?