Find a 3RM front squat in 15 minutes. Finish early- row or bike
Front squats 95/65
Run 200m after each set of push ups.
Why do we need it?
- Proteins are the building blocks of life!
- Proteins help aid in growth and repair of cells/tissues (recovery from a tough WOD)
- Eating protein can increase levels of glucagon (a hormone that helps control fat levels)
- Other roles of protein include aiding in immune function, satiety, metabolism, and performance.
Most people don't eat enough protein and eat too much fat (more to come on this). Eating too much of one macronutrient and too little of another can prevent us from achieving our health and fitness goals. How many grams of protein did you consume yesterday? If you meet the recommendations below, then you are on the right track! If you went over-cut back! If you were under then you need to get more protein into your diet. This is why food journaling is so important! Look back at the past few days of meals that you logged and see where you can add a little protein!
- Protein synthesis- consume around 0.64-0.9 g/lb of protein per day.
- Consuming of 1g per pound of body weight may help you feel satisfied after eating as well as maintain a healthy body composition and good immune function.
- Consume some protein before and after training to ensure adequate recovery.
- Protein shake post wod
- Protein fluff-1/4 cup whey protein powder, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1 cup frozen berries. mix in a blender, then whisk 5-8 min til it fluffs!
- Chicken breast
- Paleo protein pancakes (banana, protein powder, eggs- blend together, then cook like pancakes!)