When: June 4-July 3
Information Session Saturday, May 26 8:30am
Cost: $40 (SIGN UP HERE)
WANT TO TRY CROSSFIT? GET ONE FREE WEEK OF CROSSFIT WHEN YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS NUTRITION CHALLENGE!
Macro Challenge: Let’s Get Jacked for July!
- Team Captains with Macro Counting Experience to help you be successful
- Weekly educational videos, extra workouts and Open Gym
- We give you a customized set of macro numbers and teach you how to count macros.
- Not ready for macros? We’ll teach you how to measure quantity with your hands or use the simple containers!
- Daily accountability with a partner and team.
- Weekly measurements.
- Supplemental workouts that you can do during “Challenge Open Gym” or even at home if you like.
- Weekly Challenges=opportunities to earn prizes!
- Learn how to fuel your body to build lean muscle and burn fat!
- Daily point posting on SugarWOD
- Teams led by Captains will battle it out to win…
· We will recommend the CrossFit Nutrition Prescription- “Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.” This simple set of rules highlights the importance of both food quality and quantity in the diet.
· What is different about this challenge? We will teach you how to count your macronutrients. While we want to focus on eating clean foods for the duration of the challenge. You will learn how to incorporate the occasional treat without derailing your progress!
· Topic: The Cleanse!
· Topic: Intermittent Fasting!
· Open Gym for Challenge Participants to complete Bonus WODS to earn bonus points for their teams!
Point System Explained (5 points/day)
- 1 point for hitting protein number (within 5g)
- 1 point for hitting carb number (within 5g)
- 1 point for hitting fat number (within 2g)
- 1 point for staying hydrated (we will set guidelines, but individual needs will vary)
- 1 point for getting 7+ hours of sleep each night
- Bonus points TBA
What is the CrossFit Nutrition RX? It doesn’t get much simpler than the dietary advice of CrossFit founder Greg Glassman: “Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch, and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.” This simple set of rules highlights the importance of both food quality and quantity in the diet.
How do I know how much to eat?
You will be given an information packet with guidelines. You can order containers to help with portion control too. We use these.
Can I have dairy during this challenge?
Since this is not a strict Paleo challenge, we will not restrict dairy. We feel that eating “Real Food” might be slightly different for everyone. However, if eating dairy is impeding your progress, then we will recommend cutting it out.
But I have a birth day party, office happy hour, wedding, etc to attend during this challenge. Can I eat and drink what I want on that day?
You are an adult. We cannot ensure that everyone will stick to the rules 100% of the time. You will have to decide which is more important- your goals or that cake and beer… Just realize that the more you “cheat” the longer it will take to reach your goals. We will work with you to show you how you can fit that into your day if necessary.
Are protein shakes and pre and post workout drinks allowed? This will vary person to person depending on your goals.